Chocolate Chip Cookies
Approx. $12 and 60 min
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
(Full recipe first, then quick reference version below.)
QUICK REFERENCE VERSION:
Preheat oven to 350 - 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and COOLED
1 cup light or dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (2 big handfuls)
(Optional) Big glass of Whole Milk.
1. Adjust oven racks to upper-and lower-middle positions. Heat oven to 325°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in medium bowl then set aside.
3. Either by hand or with an electric mixer, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in egg, yolk and vanilla until combined. Add dry ingredients and beat at low speed just until combined.
4. Dough should be kind of thick, not runny. Stir in chips to taste.
5. Roll 1/4 cup of dough into ball. Holding dough ball in fingertips of both hands, pull into two equal halves - like opening an egg. Rotate halves ninety degrees and with jagged surfaces facing up, join halves together at their base, being careful not to smooth dough's uneven surface. Place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving a couple inches between each ball.
6. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy, 15 to 18 minutes.
Cool cookies on sheets. When cooled, peel cookies from parchment.
Drink with whole milk. You're welcome.